Thursday, December 30, 2004

Manipulator Is My Middle Name



...and information is often manipulated.

Recorded conversation in the morning:

Gennita Low (in very sleepy voice): Do you mind? I'm late for work. I have to go to the suppliers to order shingles.

Voice (actually, me, but she thinks it's one of her muses): Perfect for a plot intervention.

Gennita: Quickly then, here's a red light. What is it?

Voice: Hawk's very hungry. Give him that hamburger you've been thinking about.

Gennita (pen in hand, writing on order form): And?

Voice (in my best smiling tone): That's it.

Gennita (frowning): That's it? That's supposed to move the plot forward?

Voice: Yes, hamburger with all the trappings, at a restaurant called The Last Resort. Cool, huh?

Gennita (sarcasm dripping): Oh, fucking cool. Hamburger. Ya. Just great.

Voice: The light's turned green. See ya.

She amuses me. Now she's going to the supplier and will mistakenly tell him she wants a hamburger to be stocked on the roof. Just wait and see. She's absent-minded like that. She thinks she's talking to her characters. Let them think they are channeling, I say. You now know the truth.

But hey, Hawk is naked and hungry and that's a good start to her next book, don't you agree?

By the way, Vivi Verreau said yes. Of course she did. But I have done some research behind her back...and I really wish I could be there when she finally meets all those sisters of Jazz's. And the brother, Zippy Zeringue isn't just a musician either. Delta Force, to be exact. Interesting how Jazz omitted that information about his bad boy brother.

What information have you been manipulating?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter