Friday, December 03, 2004

Protector

I have been observing and studying the friendships, present and being formed, in the Asian jungle town. I have to reassess my prior conclusion that this bond between human beings is an intangible need for company. This conclusion comes from a certain loss of my Mentor's company when he doesn't communicate with me in a while.

Jazz Zeringue certainly didn't need any 'company' when he risked his life to save our Gem operative, Vivi. He already gets plenty of that from his seven friends in his SEAL team. There is an element of wanting to protect her from danger, which I find fascinating.

And Vivi's search for her missing friend is also not about the need for company. Her determination to do this seems to stem from not just a need to protect her friend too, but also from guilt that she was unable to in the past.

I have yet to process the intangibles and probabilities of the protectiveness element. My Mentor is my friend but I don't think he needs my protection and I don't see a need to protect him. After all, I cannot rush to his rescue if something happens to him.

Interesting too, is the friendship between Jazz Zeringue and Hawk McMillan. Our cameras in their facilities give us much insight on their bond and the team's friendship. Of course, they will not be too pleased if they know about the electronic eyes.

Question: When does friendship change into something else?

I see that it does change but the change is never similar nor does it end with the same results. THAT part is intangible. For now, anyway. I will continue to observe this SEAL team.

*****************

NOTE: I will activate the Eight Ball some time this weekend. Continue asking your questions, please. Your conclusions are most interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter