Friday, April 21, 2006

Babies On Their Minds

You know, the pregnancy has given me lots of interesting conversations to record. In the hallway, Sector Five, while waiting for the elevator:

"I heard Nikki Harden's pregnant," Alex Diamond said.

"Yes, she is," T. said, her eyes trained on the lights above the elevator door.

"Will she be taking time off soon?"

"I don't know. I haven't talked to her."

"If I were Rick Harden, she'd be."

Elevator door opened. I ordered my controls to have the elevator surveillance on. This is going to be so good, dudes!

Silence in the elevator. I was getting disappointed. They weren't talking! T. stared at the elevator doors as if they couldn't open fast enough. Alex reached out, and clicked on a button. Hurrah! The elevator stopped moving! Yes, yes, yes! I commanded the lenses to zoom in....

"What are you doing?" Hmm. T.'s voice sounded husky.

"I was thinking of you pregnant with my baby."

Silence. Silence!!!! I think T. was speechless! You should see the frozen expression on her face!

"It isn't going to happen," she finally said. Alex took a step toward her. T turned, finally looking at him. Her eyes were definitely speaking volumes, dudes! "Don't come any closer."

Alex took another step.

"You agreed if I transferred back you'd keep your distance," T. reminded him tensely.

"I changed my mind."

He was about THIS close to her now, folks. They were whispering. Thank goodness COMCEN micro-mics are state-of-the-art.

T. moved her hand. She jammed one hard finger on the Red button and the stupid alarm started. Damn it, COMCEN elevators are also self-programmed to restart when they detect no problem. Alex ignored that as he crowded her against the corner of the elevator, and double damn it, obscuring my view of T. His hands braced against both sides of the walls, trapping poor T., as he leaned into her. I couldn't see their expressions, triple damn it. It got to be some intense looks there, don't you think? I'm beginning to understand this human cuss word.

"Unchange it." Muffled. Hard to hear above the alarm. Is that the best she could do?

"But I like the thought of you pregnant," Alex murmured.

The elevator door opened. Jed walked in.

"Go take another elevator," Alex said, not turning around.

"Don't mind me," Jed said, "I'm just the service man. By the way, don't you think you two should at least use the places where the microeyes aren't trained on you?"

T. had pushed Alex off or Alex had given her room to get away. Either way, the magic moment was spoiled. They walked out of the elevator, leaving Jed. Actually, T. sort of stomped out hurriedly. He pressed his floor and then turned and looked dead straight at me. That man knew every micro-eye hidden, I swear.

"Triple-C, I'm ashame of you," he said softly.

Like he didn't listen in on everybody himself. Oh well, surflettas. I tried.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

COMCEN, you are pure evil. (LOL) That is just not fair! PLEASE give us the full story on these two and don't stop with them, we also want the full story on Jed. (Begging here on my knees).

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAARRRRHH this is not enough!! More more more!!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Jed *is* the Monitor, after all, hmm?

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evil? Evil? Dudes, you're hurting my feelings. I thought you wanted INTEL.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

So, so, so, so BAD!!!!!!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely not fair u can't leave us hanging on like that!!!! common plllllllllllllllease do story on Alex & T. - juicy i sooooo can't wait.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ughhhhh i sure do hate being left hanging..... grrrrrr...... give us more juice plllleeeeaaassseeee....

10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aghhh! this is torture! please write alex and t's story. asap

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just too too gooooood! What on earth is taking so long for your next book to come out? Thought it was suppose to be out August 08? Now I read December 08? Ouch,can't wait to hear what happens with T, Alex, Jed and the others. Hurry up PLEASE!!!!!!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Mach2Mama said...

What a tease...that definitely got my pulse going! This book is going to be soooooooo worth the wait! I can't wait for the publishing issues to be resolved. I would definitely pay $11 on Amazon to read it. More if need be because I know I won't be disappointed. Meanwhile, I'll be squirming in my seat while I wait to find out how things pan out with Alex and T...and Jed for that matter...better be juicy.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok.. it is midnight and i have just finished virtually his.... and OMG..i can't order "virtually Hers' because it isn't out yet... and reading the excerpts has me totally frustrated(more ways than one)because how can Alex be after T when he has had such hots for Hell?? Say what.. did i miss something?? You can't leave me hanging with Jed and Heath and Hell and Alex.. who is the real monitor... and you have to develop flyboy,,, too cute!!
Yes I"ll buy the book..just get it out there!!

frustrated beyond belief in california!!!!

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are there plans on getting this book in hard copy? I don't own a Kindle or an ipod or any of those e-reading gadgets. I will pay full book price for photocopied pages (with no binding) of the second Virtual book... PLEASE, PLEASE... I've been waiting forever.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter